CompTIA Project+ provides business professionals to the industry – outside and inside of IT – the primary concepts to successfully execute small- to medium-sized projects.
Why CompTIA Project+ is Different?
CompTIA Project+ is perfect for professionals who want to manage short, less complicated projects as a portion of their other job duties but still have foundation project management abilities. In other words, CompTIA Project+ is more adaptable than other certifications, because it covers necessary project management theories beyond the range of just one framework or methodology.
What is it about?
The CompTIA Project+ exam is crafted for enterprise professionals who organize or manage small-to-medium projects. The successful individual can have the skills and knowledge required to:
- Operate and monitor the project life cycle
- Ensure appropriate communication
- Manage stakeholders and resources
- Organize project documentation
- Support the completion of larger projects
Exam Objectives and What Skills Will You Obtain?
Follow the list of domains covered in COmpTIA Project+ exam PK0-004 and their percentage in exam:
1.0 Project Basics – 36%
2.0 Project Constraints – 17%
3.0 Communication and Change Management – 26%
4.0 Project Tools and Documentation – 21%
Basics of Project
Summarize the properties of the project, schedules, phases, roles and duties, and cost checks, as well as identifying the essential features of Agile methodology
Constraints of Project
Predict the consequence of different constraint influences and variables during the project and demonstrate the effectiveness of risk strategies and actions
Change and communication Management
Understand suitable communication techniques of leadership and use change control methods within the connection of a project
Project Documentation and Tools
Compare and manage other project management tools and examine project and partner-centric documentation
I am sharing following link which can give you complete detail of CompTIA Project+ PK0-004 exam.
CompTIA Project+ Certification Exam Objectives
How I Prepared for CompTIA PK0-004 Exam?
I have Passed the exam PK0-004 CompTIA Project+ with an 865/900. I was sure that questions were tough and faced it tough. However, I cleared it successfully.
- I had gone through CompTIA is known for having those questions where all the answers seem correct. But, this was the worst of them that I’ve taken.
- Later, I started studying just a month before the exam. I had done lots of practice on EduSum.com and practice with real time questions and answers. I used the Sybex book by Kim Heldman. However, I Scored roughly an 89-90% on the EDUSUM website. Which is actually a little higher than the practice tests average.
- Having already my ITIL foundations exam, which helped a bit because there is a little bit of mindset overlap, but I don’t think it saved me a lot of time.
Very important if want to crack CompTIA Porject+ with great score:
- Know the complete list of acronyms, study budget monitoring formulas in details, and learn how to estimate the critical path for your project calendar.
- Schedule paths and formulas collectively were probably 15-17 questions out of 90, so a significant part of the exam.
- Problem resolution was significant as well (how to handle disputes among team members) and risk control strategies (assigning to a third party popped up for a couple of questions).
- Overall, the exam was not hard as far as the subject matter goes – it’s CompTIAs complicated wording that makes CompTIA project+ hard.